Arlo Login | Steps To Setup Arlo Account For Arlo Pro 2
Arlo Pro 2 is a guardian of the security system in our house, which plays a prominent role in securing your residence from any mishap or malicious activities. These wireless cameras are convenient to attach or easy to mount anywhere around your home. Arlo Pro 2 provides you with the crisp HD video which brings you with the convenience to pluck out every detail related to the recorded video. The users of Arlo Pro 2 enjoy the suitability of monitoring these houses from even halfway across the world. These devices record crystal clear streaming and even carry a feature that stuns most of the users is that even while recording those videos, these streaming get automatically stored in the Arlo cloud.
Arlo Pro 2 easily interacts through its web interface which is visited by typing www.my.arlo.com on the address bar of your system. These cameras are even embedded with the motion detectors which send the immediate notification to the registered email id or the connected smartphone, notifying you with the presence of living beings around your home. The users can also listen and talk through this device with the help of the 2-way audio system in their device. All features and tools of the device are controlled through its web management page of www.my.arlo.com. Arlo does not provide the user with an alternative link. The user always has to use www.my.arlo.com to enter into the Arlo login page of the device. Arlo login window provides the entry platform to the main user while connecting with the web interface of the device.
How to set up Arlo Account?
Likewise, any other device, Arlo Pro 2 also holds its account which is popularly known as the Arlo account. The account of Arlo Pro 2 is reached through www.my.arlo.com. Before providing any knowledge of how-to steps of the device, we first want to acknowledge you with the methods of setting up the Arlo account.
Before performing this operation, the user must be ready with the manual setup of Arlo Pro 2.
Here are the steps to set up Arlo account for Arlo Pro 2
- Turn on your computer and open up the browser on the flashing screen of your desktop.
- Type www.my.arlo.com on the address bar and hit enter.
- Arlo login window will flash up on your screen with its login credentials sequenced up in a vertical manner.
- The first credential will be of Email and the second credential will be of the password. If you are the new user and setting up your account first time, then there will be the New to Arlo? Tab residing below the login tab. You have to click that New to Arlo tab for performing further instructions.
- Now, select Arlo (Wire-Free).
- The interface of www.my.arlo.com will process and discover your device.
- Select the serial number of your base station from the menu.
- Complete the on screen fields for the Arlo account setup.
- Click on the continue tab.
- Select the subscription plan for your device.
- Follow the further instruction to choose an appropriate subscription plan and when you are done with it click on Finish button and you will be ready with the Arlo account.
How to sync your Arlo Pro 2 with the base station?
The synchronization process is a must process for the Arlo Pro 2 to receive the transmission of signals or data from the base station of the camera. As long as Arlo Pro 2 is not synced with the base station, no data or internet signals will get transferred into the camera.
Here are the steps to sync Arlo Pro 2 with the base-station
- To sync your Arlo Pro 2, place the device 1 to 3 feet away from the base station.
- Now, press the sync button residing at the top of your base station from around three seconds and then release it.
- Wait for the LED of the sync button to turn green.
- The moment LED of the base station turns green, hold the sync button of the camera about three seconds and then release it.
- The LED of Arlo Pro 2 will start blinking slowly as the sync process initialize. To confirm the sync process the blue LED on the device will blink rapidly which signifies that the camera is ready for the streaming process.
- Repeat the sync process for every camera you want to connect.
How to Talk and Listen in your Arlo Pro 2?
Talk and Listen function is essentially integrated within Arlo Pro 2 to allow the users to talk with the person through another end of the camera. The talk and listen feature provide the facility of two-way communications between the person standing on the front of the camera and the main user. The user can speak to the person or pet standing in the front of the camera gazing on the camera panel in real time. The feature works efficiently when delivery boy or postman arrives at your door to deliver any stuff to you. The feature is activated through the web interface of www.my.arlo.com which provides the user convenience to easily interact with the Arlo login page of the device.
Steps to activate Talk and Listen in your Arlo Pro 2
- If you are using the computer open up the browser in your desktop. Tap on the icon bar of Arlo in your mobile device.
- Type www.my.arlo.com on the address bar of the browser and Arlo login page gets displayed on the screen.
- Click on Live tab in the camera feed image. The camera feed icon will get displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the Microphone icon on your screen. Click on it.
- Microphone button will get displayed on the screen. Press and hold the button until you speak. Release it when you stop.
- The voice message will get immediately sent on the other side of the camera.
How to take a snapshot during a live video in the Arlo camera?
Arlo Pro 2 is sophisticated with the feature to take a snapshot during the streaming for providing you with the detail of every video which is being captured in the Arlo account.
Here are the steps to take a snapshot during a live video in Arlo Pro 2
- Locate the bar icon of the Arlo in your smartphone and click on it. If you are using desktop, type www.my.arlo.com on the address bar of the browser.
- Arlo login page will appear on the screen.
- Enter the login credentials and the menu dashboard appears on the screen.
- Click on the live button in the camera feed image. The icon of the camera feed will get displayed at the bottom of the camera feed image.
- Click on Snapshot tab to take the snapshot and the moment you click on it, it will get saved in the library.
How to add a friend in your Arlo Account?
Arlo account is comprised of many tools and features which can be accessed even by the other users. It basically depends upon the administrator that he wants to connect the other users with the Arlo account or not. Every Arlo account of the customers is connected with the Arlo login window which can only and only be reached by entering www.my.arlo.com on the address bar of the browser.
Steps to add a friend in your Arlo account
- Open up the browser in your desktop and type www.my.arlo.com as the URL
- The moment you hit enter Arlo login window will appear on the screen.
- The login credentials of the Arlo login will be consist of Email and password. In the email field, you need to mention your registered mail which you registered during the Arlo camera setup.
- Click on the login button after mentioning the login credentials on their respective fields.
- Click on the settings tab and the settings page will get displayed on the screen.
- Under Account, tab click on Grant Access.
- Click on the add symbol to add a friend to your Arlo camera account.
- Mention the first and last name along with the email address of the user you are adding as a friend.
- Click on those cameras of which you want to grant the access to your friend.
- Click on the Invite tab and notification as a mail will be sent to your friend, inviting them to join your Arlo account. When your friend accepts your invitation through Gmail, the pending status on the friend list will get changed into accepted.
Note: The friend who gets access to your Arlo account has the authority to make any changes within the camera. The friend you added in your Arlo account can watch as well as edit streaming captured in your Arlo Pro 2.
Features in Arlo Pro 2 which makes these cameras way more special than other security cameras
Two- way audio system- Talk and listen to the person standing on the other side of your Arlo camera
Ultra HD streaming- Enjoy the 1080 HD streaming with crystal clear images and clips to get every detail in a much-sophisticated manner.
Motion and Sound detectors- Receive instant alert with the help of the alert system configured in your Arlo Pro 2 which generally gets activated during the interference of the sound and motion within the range of your camera.
Night Vision- Make your home more safe and secure by monitoring the home during the night with the help of Night vision which makes the streaming visible even during the night. Night vision of Arlo Pro 2 automatically turns on during the night.
Free cloud Storage- Keep the recordings of seven days back for free your cloud storage which stores the streaming even when the camera is recording a clip.
Better View- By covering a 130-degree angle of view, these cameras provide surety that no movement or activity slips through your eyes. It gives the better view and makes your device more utilizable than the other security cameras
Support Amazon Alexa- Arlo Pro 2 even supports Amazon Alexa providing the convenience to the customers to even provide an audio command to your camera.
Smart Security Siren- All alerts are notified by the siren which is embedded within the base station of the camera and can be even heard from 200 or 300 meters away from the camera.
How to add a schedule in your Arlo Pro 2?
Schedule in your Arlo Pro 2 gives the convenience to activate or deactivate the camera automatically with a single trigger. The feature is most probably used by the users who are pretty much occupied with their schedule and don’t have time to give their concern over the maintenance of the camera. The feature saves the users from the inconvenience of manually turning on or off the Arlo camera.
Here are the steps to add a schedule in your Arlo Pro 2
- In case you are using computer open up the browser and type www.my.arlo.com as the address bar of the browser. If you are using the smartphone, tap the Arlo icon on your mobile.
- Hit enter, Arlo login page will get displayed on the screen.
- Type the login credentials on their specified field. Enter the registered mail ID on the Email field and specify the password on the password field.
- Click on the Login tab to get entry into the web interface of the Arlo camera.
- Click on Mode tab and the list of available modes will get displayed on the screen.
- Now, click on the camera symbol and the list of cameras will get displayed on the screen.
- Click on the schedule tab and the schedule mode will get selected.
- Click on the Edit tab residing next to schedule tab.
- Click on Add tab and Add Schedule page will get displayed on your screen.
- Now, set the time and days, then click on the save button to save the selected schedule.
Note: The days in a week will be enlisted as columns from where you have to select the number of days in which you want to set the schedule. Timings in a day will be listed as a row from where you have to select the time within which you want to create a schedule.
Nimarta, a post graduate in life sciences, working as a content writer.