HP printer setup
Basic about Hp Printer | install hp printer
Unbox HP Printer
- Unpack the printer from the box and remove the packing materials and tape both from the printer carefully.
- Provide power supply to your printer by connecting the power chord to a power outlet and turn on your HP printer.
- Go to Settings on the printer control panel and set time, date and language of the printer.
Installation hp printer and alignment of the ink cartridges
- Open the ink cartridge access door and insert the cartridges in the carriage.
- Close the cartridge access door and follow the onscreen instructions on the printer.
- The printer may then print an alignment page to check print quality.
- Follow the instructions given on the alignment page to finish the ink cartridge alignment.
Load a stack of plain paper into the input tray and slide in the paper gently all of them resting against the edges and above each other.
Download and Install the print driver
- Go to the HP customer support webpage and enter your printer model number in the search bar and click on search
- A list of drivers and software gets displayed on the screen, select the appropriate driver and software for your printer.
- Click on the Download now button to download the printer software & driver
- The download starts within a few seconds automatically.
- Once the download is completed next you have to install the printer.
To Setup/Install HP Printer
For installing the printer software, you must ensure that your printer is connected to a working internet connection. After downloading the software, you will have to install the software on your computer following the steps below:
- Go to the Downloads menu on your computer and select the downloaded driver package.
- Open the package by double-clicking it or you can right-click the package and then select open. A dialogue box appears asking you to click yes or Run to further continue the installation.
- A connection screen appears you have to click on continue to go to the software selection page and select the customize software selection.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and then, select Next to begin the HP printer software installation. Following which all your selected software and drivers would be installed on your computer.
- Let the installation complete.
- A connection screen will appear prompting you to choose the connection type and follow onscreen instructions further.
- The installer will then detect your printer according to your connection type and continue with the installation process.
- You have to reboot your computer after the installation is complete.
Connect your printer
Connect your HP printer to the wireless network using the connection methods below:
WIFI protected setup (WPS) method
For this type of connection, you must ensure that your wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS),
- Locate the WPS button on your wireless router and Press it.
- Go to the product control panel, press and hold the Wireless button for about two seconds. As soon as the wireless light starts to blink, release the button.
- Wait for some time while the network connection is being established between the printer and the wireless router.
Standard connection method
This type of connection makes use of a USB cable to connect your printer to the wireless network and it can be used if your wireless router does not support WPS.
- Insert the available software CD into the CD drive and follow the given instructions.
- Select the Connect through a wireless network option when prompted to select the connection type.
- Connect your USB cable to the printer and to your computer when prompted to.
- Print a configuration report to ensure that the SSID listed for your printer matches the SSID of the computer to which your printer is connected.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your printer after the report is printed.