Nest Login | How to perform a Nest Camera setup?
Nest Camera is a guardian of security in your residence which sends every single information and notification to your phone connected to your Nest device. No other security device can bring you more satisfaction and relaxation, as it is the only device which is wrapped up with every feature and tool to avoid your home from any crime. Nest login is the key interface which allows the users to interact with the device and bring any adjustments to bring out the maximum utilization of the device. The user can visit the Nest login window through his desktop or any other internet operable device, all you have to do is to type www.home.nest.com on the address bar of the browser. The moment you hit enter, the browser will redirect you to the Nest login window.
No matter which device of Nest you are using, all the devices are linked to the Nest login with the help of which you can monitor and can pay the full attention to the functionality of your device, even when you are not home. Though Nest Aware performs each and every function that www.home.nest.com interfaces performs, it doesn’t mean that the user can deny the web interface of the device. During the Nest Camera setup, the interface through www.home.nest.com is prominently used to configure or install the device in our home.
How to perform a Nest Camera setup?
Nest Camera set up in your home is not that hectic but still, it takes time if you are the new user to install and set up Nest Camera in your residence. Nest also sends an installation Guide book along with their device which helps the user in an efficient manner, especially to the new users to easily mount and setup Nest camera in a required location. Experts suggest setting up Nest camera through www.home.nest.com, as it is a basic and simple interface which will conveniently take you down to the steps to set up your Nest Camera.
Here are the steps to do the Nest camera setup
- Turn on the Wi-Fi on your phone.
- Verify appropriately that your phone should be connected to the same Wi-Fi in which you are meant to connect your camera with.
- Now, go to your App store or play store. Tap on the search button, type Nest Aware and hit enter.
- The downloading process will get start to download your Nest Aware.
- Now, open up your Nest Aware app and tap on the create tab to create the account.
- The first thing your app will ask is to add new product on the home screen of your Nest Aware.
- Tap on the add button and your product will get eventually added to your Nest Aware.
- Nest Aware will simply ask you to scan the QR code of your camera through the phone.
- If you face any problem while scanning the QR code of your camera, you also can skip the scanning option by entering the serial number and entry key instead.
- Connect the power adapter of your camera with the power source. The Power LED of the camera will light blue to let you know that the device is ready to get connected.
- Open the app and it will automatically search for nearby available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select the Network Name of your Netgear Router and get connected to it.
- Now, if your camera gets successfully connected to the Wi-Fi, the app will directly take you to the streaming video. You can check that your camera is placed on the exact location or not.
- If you are able to watch the streaming, it means that you are ready to mount the camera.
- If you are not able to watch the video then it may be the case that the camera is not in the range of the Wi-Fi connection to the network.
How to activate a Nest Aware subscription in your Nest Camera?
Nest Aware is basically a paid type of subscription which enhances the functionality level of your device by adding on further features and services to your device. With the help of an activated subscription, the user can easily set Activity Zones, can get better activity alerts, create time lapses in your stored video, can enhance the storage of your Nest Cloud and can even perform a lot more activities which were not possible without a subscription. A paid Subscription will not only enhance the security level all around your home but also increase the durability of your Nest Camera
The users can easily activate the subscription through www.home.nest.com which will make you visit the Nest login window. The window will take you directly to the menu dashboard of your Nest camera from where you easily can activate or deactivate your Nest Aware subscription. If you are the new user who is taking the subscription for the first time, then you will get 14 days free trial to enjoy the efficient service of the Nest camera. Only the administrator can activate or deactivate the Nest subscription from its web interface or Nest Aware, whatever suits him well.
Nest Aware helps in delivering meaningful alerts whenever it witnesses any activity within your area. It also allows the user to mark a preference within an area where the sensors and alerts system can work efficiently to bring out the maximum utilization to its users
Steps to purchase a subscription for your Nest Camera
- To purchase the subscription for your Nest Camera, you need to visit the Nest Store and go to the Subscription page.
- Select the Manage option beside the camera, you want to add the subscription form.
- Now tap on subscribe tab.
- You will be redirected to the list of the cameras and the options of subscriptions along with them. The total price of the subscription will be determined according to each subscription you will buy for every camera you will add.
- When you are done with the selection process of the camera as well as of the subscription. Click on the Proceed option to check out.
How to perform Change in the subscriptions of Nest Camera?
The user can also make the changes in the subscription of the Nest Camera but sometimes it also depends upon the terms and policies of the subscription of the Nest, according to which you are going to buy the subscription. If the policies are satisfied with the change in subscription then the user gets no hindrance while changing the subscription of the Nest Camera.
If in any case, the user has taken the pre-paid subscription of Nest Aware, then, unfortunately, you may not be able to switch to another subscription during your subscription period. Until your subscription does not gets canceled or expired, you cannot bring any changes within the pre-paid subscription.
If you have already added the subscription in your cart, then you can switch to the different subscription type. The user can also switch to a different subscription using www.home.nest.com link on the address bar of the chosen browser.
Things to keep in mind while buying Nest Aware Subscription
- The user needs to buy a separate subscription for every camera to in which he wants to add the subscriptions. There are variety of subscriptions that Nest offers to its users according to their needs and price range. The user can choose any of the subscriptions which fits them according to the requirements.
- If the user is buying more than one subscription from the Nest store then he will get an individual discount in every subscription he is going to add to the list. The only condition is that the cameras for which he is purchasing the subscription should be within an individual home. If you are sharing the Nest app in two homes then you will be charged with the full amount of your Nest Aware subscriptions, no matter how much adjustments you have made within the interface of www.home.nest.com
- The user can only have one subscription type either of monthly or yearly, however, he can choose a different plan for every camera fitted within your home.
- If you have taken the pre-paid service for your Nest Aware, then the discount won’t get applied for the multiple cameras and even the video history can’t also be changed
How to factory reset your Nest Camera?
The Factory reset will bring your camera in its newly buying stage as all the applied settings or options will get removed from your device. The need of resetting the Nest camera happens when the user is handing over his device to a third user or reselling it to different users, the user also resets his camera when it gets stuck or become unresponsive after the installation process.
Nest camera carries no reset button for the reset process. The customer can reset the device either with the help of www.home.nest.com or through the Nest Aware. Do not cancel the subscription if you wish to continue using the camera.
Steps to perform factory reset in your Nest Camera
- Double tap on the Nest aware to open it up.
- Menu dashboard will appear on the screen.
- Now, select the camera in which you want to perform the reset process.
- Tap on the settings tab.
- Note: The user can also take the snapshot of the settings to easily restore the settings after the reset process of the Nest Camera. You can also note down the settings which you have set as the camera option.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the window and click on Remove camera tab. Click on the confirm tab whenever asked.
- After following this above step, you will get the mail as a confirmation to let you know that your camera has successfully got removed from the account.
- If you want to reconnect with the camera then set it up again but if you are giving it away to the different user or reselling it to anyone then you are done with the reset process.
How to share your video with the public or password protected link through Nest Camera?
The user can even share their recorded video to the other people which makes it suitable for the users to allow anyone to watch their video. Basically, the user can share the video through three types- Family accounts, Password protected link and public.
Family accounts- Family accounts is that account in which closed ones are connected; they primarily can be the family members who can anytime check the streaming without administrator’s permission.
Password Protected link- This is the sharing method in which the user shares the streaming along with a password which makes it difficult for the intruders to watch the streaming. It is the common method which is commonly used by the various users.
Public- It is the sharing method in which anyone can have access to your streaming. Streaming can be watched by any Nest user.
Steps to share the video with the password protected link or public through Nest Camera
- Sign in to your Nest app by typing www.home.nest.com on the address browser.
- Type the credentials within the Nest login window.
- Then, select the camera with the help of which you want to share the streaming.
- Click on the settings tab residing on the top corner of the window.
- Select Camera sharing tab.
- You will get two options, either you can share with the password or can share publicly.
- Choose Share with password option if you want to link your camera to the specific users who are aware of the password.
- Choose Share publicly if you want to allow everyone to view your camera streaming.
- Click on the Agree and share to confirm tab.
- In case, if you have chosen to share the streaming with the password, you need to set the password.
Matt Donovan, graduate in BCA and right now working as a content writer.