Routerlogin.net – AC1200 Dual-Band WI-Fi Router Setup Guide
Netgear Router can easily be set up automatically through Netgear Genie Desktop, which makes it easy for the user to conveniently install the device in an appropriate manner. The user can also set up the router manually with the help of its web interface of the routerlogin.net. Even the web interface method is time-consuming, still most users opt this traditional method as it is reliable and most importantly assured enough about the appropriate setup of the router.
Most Executives recommends following the traditional method of the www.routerlogin.net to set up the router as it displays all the details regarding the status of the device.
Here is information that you must ask from your Internet Service Provider before connecting the internet to the router. For the DSL service, the user must require the following information to set up his router.
- The information of the ISP configuration for your DSL account.
- The login username as well as the Password of your ISP
- Static or Fixed IP address settings.
If in any case, you are not able to access this information, then you must ask the Internet Service Provider to provide these details to you. If the internet connection is operable then the user need not to launch the login program of the ISP on his computer to access the Wi-Fi. Your router automatically will log you in when you initialize an internet application. Netgear Genie desktop is operable on any device with the basic installation. The setup of the router will take around 15 minutes to complete. During the Netgear Router setup, the users also need not to go through the Netgear Router login window.
Steps to set up the Netgear AC1200 Dual-Band router
- Collect all the devices required for the Netgear Router setup including cables, plug-in, modem, and router, desktop for the successful setup of the router.
- Now, connect Ethernet Cable to the LAN port of the router with the system.
- Take second Ethernet Cable and join its one side to the modem and other end to the router.
- Plug in the power adapter of the Netgear AC1750 to the power outlet.
- Turn on your system and open up the browser in your desktop.
- Type either www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 on the address bar of the browser, according to your convenience. Sometimes the IP address also cause the connection error, so it is more convenient to use www.routerlogin.net as it is easy to remember and suitable to type.
- The interface will detect the Internet connection within the system.
- After the successful detection, the system will ask you for the configuration of the Internet.
- Select according to your own convenience.
- After that, the system will prompt you to mention the username and the password. Type “admin” as the default username and “password” as the default password.
- Hit enter and the menu dashboard will get appear on the screen.
- Go to the advanced tab and the system will ask you for the option to identify the Internet Connection. Click on yes radio button to allow the system to identify the type of Internet Connection.
- Now mention the ISP username and the password on the credentials.
- Click on Next button to continue.
- The system will give you confirmation of successfully getting connected to the Internet.
- Now, Go to Home tab and select Wireless tab to assign the Network Name and the Wi-Fi password to your Network.
- After getting done with the Wireless settings click on Apply button to get to the menu dashboard.
- Now go to the basic tab to check the status of the setup of your router.
- Once the status represents the completion of the setup, click on reboot tab to power cycle your router and begin with the router which has now successfully set up in your home.