How To Setup Netgear MBR1515 4GLTE | routerlogin net
Netgear MBR1515 4GLTE router connection
Connecting your Netgear MBR1515 4GLTE router to the computer system
It is important to note that it is mandatory to connect your router to the computer device so that the rest of the configuration can be done. The Initial connection is needed for a limited internet connectivity through which we can access the router setup portal and configure the wireless router.
Negear router setup methods (MBR1515 4GLTE)
There are basically three methods through which we can connect our wireless routers to our computer systems. Below are the three ways of connecting the router to the system device.
- Connecting through the Ethernet cable (wired method)
- Connection through the WPS button (Wireless)
- Connection through the Wi-Fi of the devices
WPS mode- Here in this section, we will let you know about this easy and fast method of getting your router connected to the computer i.e. WPS button.
WPS mode is the Wi-Fi protected setup method which is a fast and secure method of establishing the connection between the router and the computer system. The user just needs to press the WPS button given on the back of the router body and keep the internet and network security tab opens on the PC.
Advantages of WPS mode of connection
- WPS mode of connection is the fastest available method of connecting the router to the computer system.
- WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup) as the name suggests is the safest wireless connection method.
- The router gets connected to the computer system within a second.
Points to remember
- The WPS mode of connection works only with those wireless connections in which the security type has been kept as WPA/WPSK OR WPA 2 etc.
- The WPS mode of connection doesn’t work with the connection which uses the WEP security keys.
- The user needs to press the WPS button on the router within a stipulated time after which the user will not be able to connect their router through this method.
Connecting the router to the system through Ethernet cable (RJ45)
The wired connection is considered the most reliable method of connecting your router to the system as it has no chance of malfunction due to the hardware advantage. Follow the step by step methods mentioned below to connect the router to the system.
- Open the router and its supplement components like the Ethernet cables and power supply adapters etc.
- Switch on the power supply of the router and connect the modem to the WLAN port of the router with the Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect the computer system to one of the LAN port of the router with the other Ethernet cable.
Note- These Ethernet cables are of RJ45 standard.
Connecting the router through the Wi-Fi (Wireless)
The most commonly used method of connecting the router to the computer system is through the Wi-Fi of the systems. Below are detailed steps of connecting your router to the computer system through its Wi-Fi.
- Connect all the essential components of the router like power adapter and cables if needed.
- Switch on the power supply of the router and wait till the lights on the router get stable.
- Now, open the Wi-Fi tab of your PC and select the SSID of the wireless network that you want to connect.
- Just double-click or select the connect tab separately to connect your PC to the Netgear router.
This is very important to note that all the methods of connecting the router to the computer system mentioned above can only get your router connected to the system. However, you will need to perform the configuration on your Netgear wireless routers and modems for successful data transmission over the wireless network between various computing devices. The configuration also needs to be done for the successful internet supply.